The University of Pretoria is now inviting applicants to get involved with its internship within the Department of Companion Animal Clinic Studies for the role of Junior Veterinarian.
This internship program requires no degree and gives the candidate the necessary knowledge and skills they need to deal with the care of small animals.
The candidate will also have the benefit of working with experienced professionals and have access to their guidance and knowledge.
If this is your next step in your veterinary studies, then we highly recommend you apply right away. Below is a guide on just how to do that.
The University of Pretoria Internship will not be accepting applications after 13 May 2022.
Please ensure that your application is in by then along with any requested support documents that will be required by the university.
Failure to do so will result in your application being dismissed from the selection process.
This internship will be held in Pretoria, Gauteng.
What is The University of Pretoria?
The University of Pretoria is one of the most esteemed tertiary institutions in the country.
With 7 campuses, the university caters to most academic fields and is considered one of the best research institutions in the world.
What is The University of Pretoria Internship?
This internship will cater to the veterinary side of academics. Ideal candidates will receive the chance to further their knowledge and skills in the veterinary field.
They will also gain enrichment from working with experienced individuals in this respective field. Exposure to challenging and rewarding cases is also a great advantage.
Interns will carry out the following tasks:
- Performing various administrative tasks as a clinical service to Onderstepoort Veterinary Academic Hospital.
- Working during the week and weekdays, along with taking part in community activities.
- Taking part in clinical training for undergraduate veterinary students and nurses.
- Working in clinical rounds and research tasks.
- Working with a mentor.
This internship will last for 12 months and candidates will receive earn a salary of R300 108 per annum.
The University of Pretoria requires applicants to meet the following criteria before submitting their applications:
- Applicants must have a BVSc Degree, BVMCh, or an equivalent professional veterinary qualification.
- Applicants must be registered as a veterinarian with the SAVC.
- Applicants must have acknowledged clinical expertise.
- Applicants must have adequate subject knowledge relating to this position.
- Applicants must be well-spoken.
- Applicants must have proficiency in MS Office.
- Applicants must be able to work after-hours.
How To Apply
Applications for this internship are fairly simple. All you need to do is complete the online application form here.
Make sure to use reference number 24527. Make sure to attach the following support documents:
- An updated CV.
- A self-evaluation letter.
- The contact details of 3 references.
If you have any questions or concerns related to the University of Pretoria Internship, then you can contact the institution directly through the following means:
Contact Person: Ms. Granny Maseko
Email address: [email protected]
Good luck with your application!