Do you enjoy working with people? Do you love traveling or food, maybe you enjoy spending time in the outdoors or with animals? Tourism has such an extensive field of career options. Not only in local industries, moreover also internationally. There is a vast number of career opportunities within this field to consider with Tourism Learnerships.
According to the latest statistics, there is a rise within the tourism industry allowing more jobs to be created. The South African Tourism department along with a number of associations has opened multiple careers within the tourism industry for young South Africans.
Tourism Learnerships Available
There are numerous career paths to look at with learnerships in the tourism industry. Some of these are as follow:
- Tour Management
- Hotel Management
- Customer Service
- Marketing Manager
- Tourism Officer
- Travel Agent
- Travel Agent Manager
- Events Coordinator
- Wild Life Guide
- Game Ranger
- Outdoor activities Manager
- Culinary Chef
There are a number of other careers closely related to the tourism industry. Many of these may include retail, banking, transport and more. You can also work within one of the industries catering specifically for tourism such as zoos, parks, museums, hotels, heritage sites or any of the other entertainment forms. Accommodation and transport services are also closely related to the tourism industry.
Tourism Learnerships Requirements
There is a variety of requirements, depending upon the career path of each candidate within the industry. Candidates between the ages of 18 and 30 can apply for a variety of opportunities. Please also include certified copies of all relevant certificates, ID along with a proof of address no older than three months.
- Candidates must be permanent South African residents and citizens.
- Matric and computer literate
- English reading, speaking and writing
- Candidates must not have a permanent employment
- Be self-motivated, a team player and be able to deal with clients
- Flexibility with a commitment to learn, but moreover, have a willingness to work
- Must maintain a healthy, hygienic & professional appearance
- Must be able to do basic calculations
- Candidates must be able to prepare written communications
- Candidates must be able to handle equipment, cleaning, and materials
Depending on the career of choice, these specifications will differ.
Tourism Learnerships List of Companies
Learnerships online applications processes are made available during the year on a variety of websites. Many of these become available at different times during the year. Here are links to some of these that are available:
P & G
Tourism Learnerships Closing date
Each company will have their closing date advertised with the application form or application process.