To anyone looking to grow and achieve their goals in teaching, this might be the opportunity you have been looking for.
St Stithians College is inviting graduates to apply for its teaching internship program.
Candidates can benefit greatly from this program as it offers valuable mentorship and training that is sure to give them a big advantage in this field of work.
If you want to take your teaching career a step further, then we highly recommend you apply for this.
Below we’ve provided a guide on how this internship works and what exactly it will need from you during the application process.
The St Stithian College Internship will not be accepting applications after 31 May 2022.
Please ensure that your application is in by then along with any requested support documents that the college will require.
Failure to do so will result in your application being dismissed from the selection process.
This internship will be held in Johanessburg North, Gauteng.
What is The St Stithian College?
This is a proudly South African school that caters to both primary and secondary students.
The college operates under Methodist Christian values and is a non-profit institution.
What is The St Stithian College Internship?
This internship program is providing the opportunity for any qualified applicants who are interested in becoming a teacher of Maths, Physics, Natural Science, or IsiZulu.
This internship will give candidates the chance to study toward a 4-year degree through UNISA all while gaining practical training and work experience through the college.
Candidates will be able to study on a part-time basis while performing their role as on-the-job teachers for St Stithians College.
Interns will be able to reap the following advantages from this program:
- Professional mentorship from experienced individuals.
- Beneficial training and work experience in an IEB school.
- Payment of tuition fees, accommodation, prescribed books, meals, and a monthly allowance, dependent on financial need.
St Stithian College expects applicants to meet the following requirements to be considered for this internship:
- Applicants must be South African citizens.
- Applicants must be studying or intend to study towards a part-time 4-year Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) or PGCE in Intermediate Phase (B.Ed.) Senior/FET Phase Mathematics and Science.
- Current Matric students: must have achieved a minimum of 60% for English, Mathematics, Sciences, IsiZulu, SeSotho, and Accounting
- Matriculants: must have achieved a Bachelor’s pass, a minimum of 60% in English and Mathematics as well as any other of the above-mentioned subject in Matric
- Current tertiary students (already studying towards a B.ED/ PGCE): must have passed all modules to date and not owing to the institution you are registered at
- B.ED student: must NOT be older than 30 years old.
- PGCE student: must NOT be older than 32 years old.
- Applicants must have an active application status, if already applied.
How To Apply
Applications are quite simple. All you need to do is complete the online application form here.
Once you have done this make sure to attach the following support documents to your application:
- An updated CV.
- A copy of your Grade 11 final results (current Matric students only).
- A copy of your Matric certificate (Matriculants only).
- A copy of your University application/ registration.
- A copy of your University financial statement.
- A copy of academic record/ transcript.
- A testimonial letter (from teacher/religious leader/community leader etc)
- A motivational letter that supports why you would be an ideal candidate for this internship.
If you have any questions or concerns related to this Internship, then you can contact the St Stithian College directly through the following means:
Contact person: Mr. Edward Rufu – Programme Co-Ordinator: Thandulwazi Teacher Development and Intern-Teacher Training Programmes
Telephone number: 011 577 6515
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thandulwazi Teacher Development Programme (Gauteng)
Email address: email@example.com
Thandulwazi Intern-Teacher Training Programme
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Good luck with your application!