Spur Operations Cadet Learnership Programme 2023/24 in Cape Town/Gauteng
Are you interested in a career in operations management and hospitality? Spur Corporation is currently offering a learnership opportunity for Operations Cadets in Century City, Cape Town, and Woodmead Office.
The duration of the learnership is 12 months, during which you will gain practical experience across all Spur brands and theoretical experience in generic management qualifications – NQF 5.
Spur Corporation is a multi-brand restaurant franchisor headquartered in Cape Town, currently having eight brands – Spur Steak Ranches, Panarottis Pizza Pasta, John Dory’s Fish Grill Sushi, RocoMamas, The Hussar Grill, Casa Bella, and Nikos Coalgrill Greek.
As the company grows, it strives to create a great place to work for its employees, building a collaborative and innovative performance-based culture that enables each employee to thrive on their unique journey at Spur Corporation.
- Grade 12/Matric.
- A qualification in Operations Management and/or Hospitality Management (advantageous).
- Possession of a Code 8 driver’s license (Essential).
- Must be between the ages of 18-30.
- In-store operator and/or existing area management experience.
- Three years of experience in restaurant senior management or elsewhere in the restaurant industry is preferable.
- Computer literate with knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Strong sense of self-discipline and time management.
- Willingness and ability to travel extensively.
- Excellent work ethic.
- Ability to coordinate with multiple stakeholders.
- Interpersonal skills to interact with multiple clients daily as well as adapt easily to different cultures.
- Good communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Attend operations meetings to discuss status reports and action plans to improve the store’s turnover and standards.
- Monitoring branded product off-takes and Central Kitchens off-takes.
- Ensure timely collection of debtors and declarations and turnover listings to facilitate checking of correct turnovers declared.
- Ensure all franchisee fees and advertising levies are collected/paid by the 15th day of each month.
- Conduct monthly financial analyses (income statements) and provide written guidance on improving net profit.
- Assist stores/area managers with the compilation of budgets and cash flows (daily/weekly/monthly).
- Utilize tools such as casual and management tests to determine root problems in stores.
- Organize Q-pro Audits for problematic stores.
- Implementing three (3)/six(6)month marketing plans.
- Ensure that R&M standards are acceptable.
- Schedule training for new franchisees, staff, and management.
- Assist with opening of new stores.
- Assist with upgrades, revamps & technical standards in the region.
- Ensure that the Training Centre has sufficient delegates.
- Handle customer complaints immediately.
If you possess the qualifications and skills listed above and are passionate about growing great brands, then this is the opportunity for you. A career at Spur Corporation is an opportunity for you to nurture, learn, grow, and realize your full potential.
This learnership closes on 9 May 2023, so apply now and embark on your Spur Corporation journey!
The Spur Group is a South African-based restaurant franchisor that operates a chain of family-friendly restaurants across the country.
Spur has been in operation since 1967 and has grown to become one of the most successful restaurant chains in South Africa, with over 600 outlets in 17 countries.
Spur Group offers a number of learnerships and apprenticeships for individuals who are interested in working in the restaurant industry.
Learnerships are a combination of theoretical and practical training that allow individuals to gain valuable work experience while also earning a qualification.
These learnerships cover a range of areas such as food preparation, customer service, management, and finance.
One of the reasons why Spur Group’s learnerships are interesting for people who want to work there is that they provide a great opportunity to gain hands-on experience in the restaurant industry.
This experience can be valuable for individuals who are interested in pursuing a career in the restaurant industry or who want to work in the hospitality industry in general.
Additionally, Spur Group’s learnerships are designed to provide participants with a comprehensive understanding of the restaurant industry, including the importance of customer service, food safety, and management skills.
This knowledge and experience can be useful for individuals who want to work in other areas of the hospitality industry, such as hotels, catering, and event planning.
Furthermore, Spur Group is committed to providing its employees with ongoing training and development opportunities.
This means that individuals who complete a learnership with the company may have the opportunity to continue their training and advance their careers within the organization.