South Cape TVET College is providing the opportunity for any qualified artisans to increase their skillset with the new learnerships they have available for the year.
Successful candidates will be given the chance to enhance their skills while teaching what they know to students who are having a difficult time learning these specific trades.
These learnerships cater to many trades so a variety of applicants can get involved to bring more value, and benefit the college.
Below is a detailed guide that covers everything you need to know about this learnership and what you will need to apply for it.
Applications for these learnerships will close on 15 March 2022. Please ensure that your application is read carefully, completed, and submitted before this date.
Also, remember to include the support documents requested by the college as they are crucial to your application. Failure to do so will result in your application being disqualified from the selection.
These learnerships will be held in Mossel Bay, Western Cape.
About South Cape TVET College
The South Gate TVET College is located in the Western Cape.
Situated across the Garden Route and Little Karoo, the institution holds the rank of being the largest FET college within the province, with 6 campuses and student residences spread throughout Mossel Bay, Oudtshoorn, and George.
The college is focused on promoting student development by ensuring they receive the best quality education possible. The college believes that by getting this right, its students will have a secure future in lucrative careers and further education.
What is The South Cape TVET College Learnerships
These learnerships cater to qualified artisans, specifically plumbers, welders, cooks, community health workers, and new venture creation professionals.
These individuals will be allowed to further their qualifications while teaching new students about their relative trade.
These learnerships last for a minimum of 1 year depending on the candidate and their goals. During these learnerships, the candidates will receive a salary of R261 372 per annum, excluding service benefits of 37%.
Candidates will be required to carry out duties such as:
- Make sure that the Occupational Health program, SETA, and QCTO accredited is put together and carried out through various delivery sites in the Southern Cape and Klein Karoo.
- Visiting workplaces to give students course and practical guidance and supervision.
- Making sure quality there is high-quality teaching and learning as well as supervising the workplace.
- Abiding by College/ SETA educational protocols.
- Working together with the Program Manager of the learnerships.
- Standing accountable for all tasks, including administration.
- Completing any other assignments given to you.
Applicants will need to meet the following requirements set by South Cape TVET College to apply for its learnerships:
- Facilitator-Plumber: must be a qualified Artisan – Red Seal Trade as Plumber
- Facilitator-Welder: must be a qualified Artisan – Red Seal Trade as Welder
- Facilitator-Community Health Worker: need to have matriculated, have a 3-year qualification in Public Health, Community Health or Public Health Nutrition (degree or diploma), and 1 to 3 years working experience in the respective field.
- Facilitator-Professional Cookery: need to have matriculated, have a 3-year qualification in Culinary Arts/ Qualified Chef (degree or diploma) and have 1 to 3 years working experience in the respective hospitality field
- Facilitator-New Venture Creation L2: must have matriculated, have a 3-year qualification (degree or diploma), and have 1 to 3 years working experience in the business field
- Facilitator-Welder: need to be registered as an Assessor with the MERSETA
- Facilitator-Plumber: need to be registered as an Assessor with the CETA
- Facilitator-Community Health Worker: need to be registered as an Assessor with the Health & Welfare SETA
- Facilitator-Professional Cookery: need to be registered as an Assessor with the CATHSSETA
- Facilitator-New Venture Creation L2: need to be registered as an Assessor with the Services SETA
- It’s a big advantage for the applicant if they have completed a teacher’s Diploma.
- Applicants must have teaching experience in the fields listed above.
- Applicants need to be proficient in 2 of the Western Cape’s official languages.
- Applicants must have a valid Code-8 driver’s license
- Applicants need to be proficient in MS Office
- Applicants must have experience working with students that have learning disabilities.
- Applicants must have experience in evaluating different learning styles with the necessary teaching approaches.
- Applicants need to be able to work under pressure.
- Applicants must be willing to work after hours in some cases.
How To Apply
Applications for these learnerships are quite easy. All you have to do is submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Make sure to state the relevant learnership you are applying for in the subject line. The references to use are as follows:
- Facilitator-Plumber:Facilitator: Plumber: PS 13/2022
- Facilitator-Welder: PS 14/2022
- Facilitator-Community Health Worker: PS 09/2022
- Facilitator-Professional Cookery: PS 10/2022
- Facilitator-New Venture Creation L2: PS 12/2022
Make sure to include the following documents with your application:
- An updated CV.
- A completed Z83 form which you can download and complete here.
If you have any questions or concerns related to the Soth Cape TVET College Learnerships, then you can contact the college’s contact person, Mr. H Cronje
Contact Number: 044 884 0359
Good luck with your application!