Exciting Opportunity: Chartered Accountant Trainee Program
Are you a passionate and innovative individual looking to embark on a rewarding career as a Chartered Accountant (CA)?
The South African Reserve Bank (SARB) invites talented candidates to apply for its 2024 Chartered Accountant (CA) training program.
About the Program
The primary goal of this program is to address the shortage of CAs in both the SARB and the country as a whole.
Trainees will have the opportunity to:
- Acquire competencies prescribed by the South African Institute of Chartered Accountants (SAICA).
- Reinforce their prior academic education.
- Develop business acumen.
- Cultivate life skills.
- Foster professional and ethical values.
Starting in 2023, the SARB has transitioned to the SAICA CA 2025 framework.
This means trainees will be placed in rotation within various departments and subsidiaries of the SARB.
This approach provides practical experience and a comprehensive overview of the central banking business.
Duration of the program: Three years.
To be eligible for this program, candidates must:
- Have completed or be in the process of completing a SAICA-accredited:
- Certificate in the Theory of Accounting (CTA); or
- Postgraduate Diploma in Accounting (PGDA) or an equivalent qualification.
- Maintain an academic performance record with an average of at least 60%.
- Be a South African citizen.
Additional qualifications include:
- Strong analytical skills.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Curiosity, self-motivation, and resilience.
How to Apply
All interested individuals are encouraged to apply. Here’s how:
Internal applicants: Apply through the ERP system.
External applicants: Apply online via www.resbank.co.za.
- Navigate to WORK@SARB > Latest vacancies.
- Log in or register as a new user, ensuring you include all your skills and qualifications during the registration process.
- Select the ‘Date posted’ > ‘Last 3 weeks’ (in the drop-down menu).
- Choose the appropriate IRC number to view the full advertisement.
Don’t forget to include a copy of your academic transcript and your identity document with your application.
Shortlisted candidates will undergo a psychometric assessment, an appropriate reference check, and a security clearance as part of the selection process.
Please note that correspondence will be limited to shortlisted candidates only. If you haven’t heard from us, kindly consider your application unsuccessful.
September 30, 2023. Late applications will not be considered.
In line with the SARB’s commitment to diversifying its workforce, preference will be given to suitable candidates from designated groups.
People with disabilities are welcome to apply.