Join the South African Police Service (SAPS) as a Police Trainee
Are you ready to serve your country with pride and passion?
The South African Police Service (SAPS) is offering a golden opportunity for committed individuals to become entry-level Police Trainees through the Basic Police Development Learning Programme (BPDLP).
If you’re eager to make a difference, here’s what you need to know:
Embarking on a Rewarding Journey:
The SAPS is on a mission to recruit dedicated citizens who are enthusiastic about safeguarding their nation.
As an entry-level Police Trainee, you’ll be equipped with the skills and knowledge needed to uphold the law and protect the community.
Your role as a Police Trainee will revolve around the following core functions:
- Preventing, combating, and investigating crime.
- Maintaining public order.
- Safeguarding the inhabitants of the Republic and their property.
- Upholding and enforcing the law.
The Basic Police Development Learning Programme (BPDLP) will span 21 months and will be divided into three phases:
- Induction Phase: One month of training at a designated police station.
- Basic Training Phase: Eight months of intensive training at a designated SAPS Academy.
- Probation Phase: After completing the training, you’ll undergo a 12-month Workplace Exposure Programme.
Requirements to Apply:
To be eligible for this opportunity, you must:
- Be a South African citizen.
- Have a grade 12 school certificate or equivalent qualification.
- Be proficient in English and at least one other official language.
- Be between the ages of 18 and 35.
- Have no previous criminal convictions.
- Be physically and mentally fit for the role.
- Be prepared to undergo medical and psychological assessments.
- Possess a valid driver’s license (optional advantage).
- Download the official application form from the SAPS Website.
- Submit your application form along with required documents to your nearest Police Station during office hours.
- Fitness, psychometric, and integrity testing.
- Medical evaluation and interview.
- Verification of qualifications, citizenship, and more.
- Vetting process, including security screening and fingerprint verification.
- The closing date for applications is 31 August 2023.
- Limited positions available; successful selection is not guaranteed.
- Adhere to all instructions on the application form.
- Applicants limited to submitting one application form.
- Successful applicants will be contacted within three months after the closing date.
Join the SAPS as a Police Trainee and contribute to the safety and well-being of your community.