Sonke is now inviting eager individuals to apply for its internship program.
An eager applicant will be given the chance to work for Sonke as a Strategic Information and Communications Intern.
If this is something that seems promising to you and can benefit your career, then it’s best that you apply right away.
You will need to meet a few requirements and apply according to a few guidelines, but it won’t be anything too complicated.
Below we’ve provided a detailed breakdown of exactly how the Sonke Internship works and what it will need from applicants to be considered ideal candidates.
The Sonke Internship will not be accepting applications after 6 May 2022.
Please ensure that your application is in by then along with any requested support documents that will be required by Sonke.
Failure to do so will result in your application being dismissed from the selection process.
This learnership will be held in various locations throughout South Africa and will be disclosed to the selected candidate.
What is The Sonke Organization?
Sonke is a non-profit organization that’s an advocate for women’s rights.
The organization is purely feminist and focuses on gender justice and human equality.
Sonke aims to eliminate gender-based violence and the spread of HIV and AIDS through the promotion of women’s rights.
It is through programs like this internship that the organization can achieve such goals.
What is The Sonke Internship?
The Sonke Internship will last for a total of 8 months.
The successful candidate will earn a total of R5000 to R7000 on a monthly basis.
The intern will work closely with individuals in various countries to help raise public support, promote improved laws and policies, enrich civil society, and contribute to gender justice.
In this internship program the following duties will need to be carried out:
- Creating various forms of social media content.
- Hosting online meetings and seminars.
- Providing overall support to Sonke’s project coordinator.
- Monitoring online content.
The Sonke internship will require applicants to meet the following criteria to be considered for selection:
- Applicants need to be between the ages of 18 and 32 years.
- Applicants must be fluent in English.
- It’s advantageous if applicants are able to speak an additional South African language.
- Applicants must have experience managing social media and be able to grow a social media follower base on any social media platform.
- Applicants must have a key understanding of Gender Transformative Approaches.
- Applicants must be willing to travel to rural regions within South Africa.
- Applicants must be able to communicate Sonke’s work and the impact it has on its intended target audience.
How To Apply
Applications for this internship are fairly simple.
All you need to do is download and complete the online application form here.
Once you have this done. Make sure to include the following documents:
- An updated CV.
- A motivational letter that covers your experience, why you would be an ideal candidate for this program, and the contact details of at least 3 references.
Once you have this in order you will need to submit your application via email:
Make sure to include, “Internship Application 2022” as the subject.
If you have any questions or concerns related to the Sonke Internship, then you can contact the organization directly through the following means:
Telephone number: 021 423 7088
Email address: [email protected]
Good luck with your application!