Any graduates looking to start and grow a career in creative industries are in luck! The Sibikwa Arts Centre is now inviting graduates to apply for its internship program.
This internship is focused on applicants who are passionate about this field and see themselves benefitting and gaining a lucrative from it.
If you can see yourself getting involved in such a program, we highly recommend that you apply as soon as possible.
But don’t worry, because we’ve done the heavy lifting. Below is a detailed guide on exactly how this internship program will work and what it will need from you during the application process.
The Sibikwa Arts Centre Internships will not be accepting applications after 25 May 2022.
Please ensure that your application is in by then along with any requested support documents that the organization will require.
Failure to do so will result in your application being dismissed from the selection process.
This internship will be held in Benoni, Gauteng.
What is Sibikwa Arts Centre?
Sibikwa Arts Centre is an institution that provides training in performing arts, community development, arts education, and the creation of uniquely South African performances.
The institution is focused on providing the best quality education to students while maintaining that promotes innovative productions that represent the South African theatre.
What are the Sibikwa Arts Centre Internships?
There are a total of 7 positions available for this internship program.
The program will last for 12 months and candidates will earn R3756 per month. The available positions are as follows:
- Marketing Internship (1 position available): consists of designing marketing materials and helping with creating, implementing, and monitoring media, marketing, and publicity plans and concepts.
- Admin and Finance Internship (1 position available): involves providing organizational secretarial assistance and supporting the Finance Administrator and Project Managers with financial administration, and project management tasks.
- Videography Internship (1 position available) and Performing Arts Internship (4 positions available): will form a Female Performing Arts Ensemble that will create and stage multidisciplinary performances.
The Sibikwa Arts Centre Internship program will require applicants to meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be South African citizens
- Applicants must fall between the ages of 18 and 35 years old
- Applicants must have completed Matric
- Marketing Internship: applicants must have completed a Graphic Design qualification
- Admin and Finance Internship: applicants must have completed a Project or Financial Administration qualification
- Videography Internship and Performing Arts Internship: applicants must have a strong background in theatre, with training and experience in videography, drama, music, or dance
- Applicants must be computer literate
How To Apply
Applications are quite easy, all you will need to do is gather the following documents:
- An updated CV
- A certified copy of your ID
- A certified copy of your matric certificate
- A copy of your relevant qualification
- A portfolio of designed marketing materials if you are applying for the Marketing Internship.
Once you have these gathered, you will need to submit them to the following email address:
Make sure to include the name of the relevant internship you are applying for in the subject line.
If you have any questions or concerns related to this Internship, then you can contact the Sibikwa Arts Centre directly through the following means:
Telephone number: 011 422 4359
WhatsApp number: 079 706 2394
Email address: email@example.com
Contact page: https://www.sibikwa.co.za/contact/
Good luck with your application!