If you want to get involved in the finance sector, then this might be the internship program you’re looking for.
The SEF is now accepting applications for its internship program.
This is a great opportunity for anyone who wants to get a start in this sort of work sector and grow a career in it.
If this is something that seems interesting to you and you can definitely see yourself doing this, then you need to apply right away.
Below is a guide on exactly how you can do that and exactly how this internship program will work.
The SEF Internship program will not be accepting applications after 31 August 2022.
Please ensure that your application is in by then along with any requested support documents that the internship provider will require.
Failure to do so will result in your application being dismissed from the selection process.
This learnership will be held in Tzaneen, Limpopo
What is The SEF?
SEF, formerly known as the Small Enterprise Foundation, is a non-profit microfinance organization that works to aid those who are poor by creating a welcoming environment.
Credit and savings services can produce sustained revenue, social empowerment, and job development thanks to the environment that SEF fosters.
The organization serves more than 200 000 clients and works to assist South African rural communities that are struggling financially and are underprivileged.
SEF is now working in places including KwaZulu-Natal, Mpumalanga, the Eastern Cape, and Limpopo.
What is This Internship?
Candidates interested in a career in the microfinance and social-economic development sectors can apply for SEF’s Graduate Program/Internship.
The candidate will have the chance to work in a multicultural setting while surrounded by supportive coworkers and motivating organizational leaders during the program.
The program is conducted both at the SEF headquarters and in the rural areas where it works.
The individual will carry out important duties, take on responsibility for SEF’s future, and further develop their commercial and personal abilities.
The candidate will also get the chance to interact with a variety of jobs both inside and outside of SEF, and upon program completion, will have the necessary background to ensure a successful career.
The current program’s structure:
- Rotating Program: Selected candidates will be enrolled in a 6-month rotational program that will provide them the opportunity to work in a variety of SEF departments. These include management, budgeting, finance, human resources, IT, operations, quality assurance, and compliance, as well as research and development and training.
- Departmental Specialization: Based on the candidates’ interests and the needs of the organization, a department will be assigned to them in the second half of the program. This will enable the individual to develop their talents and abilities and obtain meaningful practical experience within a particular department. By doing this, the candidate will develop practical abilities for future employment within SEF.
Benefits of The Internship
- 13th Cheque
- Medical Aid
- Annual Leave
- Study Leave
- Sick Leave
- Family Responsibility Leave
- Life Insurance
- Accommodation (for the first month)
Please make sure you meet ALL of the following minimum entrance requirements before submitting your application because if you don’t, your application will be rejected:
- Must be a citizen of South Africa
- Must be graduates pursuing either an Advanced Diploma or Degree or a postgraduate degree in one of the following fields: Statistics, Business Administration, BCom, Development Studies, Economics, Human Resources, Information Technology, International Relations, Social Sciences, and Bachelor of Science.
- Must have a 65% average in their academics
- Must speak English well and be under 35 years of age
How To Apply
In the subject line of your email, write the following: “Application for Internship”
The following documents should be affixed to your application:
- An updated CV
- A cover page letter
- A certified copy of your academic records
If you have any questions or concerns related to this internship program, then you can contact SEF directly through the following means:
Email address: email@example.com
Good luck with your application!