Seabird Learnership Programme at SANCCOB: Helping to Save Seabirds!
Do you care about the environment and want to help protect seabirds?
Do you have a passion for nature and a desire to learn and grow in your career? SANCCOB’s Seabird Learnership Programme might be the opportunity you’ve been looking for!
What is a Learnership Programme?
- A structured, mentored training programme
- Emphasis on skills development and learning
- Gives limited work experience while you study
What does the Programme Offer?
- 12-months of workplace experience in conservation sites
- Further Education and Training Certificate: Nature Conservation: Natural Resource Guardianship Terrestrial (NQF level 4) Learnership
- Learning how to care for individual seabirds, catching and handling, feeding (force feeding and free feeding), hydrating (tubing) and administering medication of different seabird species
- Regular training, support and assignments
- Opportunities to participate in egg monitoring and seabird necropsies
- Involvement in conservation efforts, such as rehabilitation and restoration, infrastructure maintenance, monitoring fauna and flora, plant propagation and environmental education
What Are the Requirements?
- Interest in conservation
- Passion for seabirds
- In possession of a Grade 12/matric certificate
- Available to work for 12 months
- Physically fit and able to do physical work mostly outdoors
- Able to follow Standard Operating Procedures
- Reliable and accountable individual
- Live in the vicinity of the SANCCOB Cape Town centre in Table View
- Willingness to learn and grow in a career in environmental conservation
- Preference will be given to women and people with disabilities
What Are the Benefits?
- Workplace experience with seabirds
- Opportunity to learn new skills and knowledge
- Regular training and support sessions
- Involvement in conservation of biodiversity and environmental education
- Opportunity for career development in the environmental/conservation sector
How Do I Apply?
- Email a CV, copy of ID (if the card – front and back), matric certificate and a motivational letter to email@example.com
- Applications must clearly indicate the SANCCOB/Nature Connect Learnership in their email subject
- All applications due by 20 June 2023
Good luck with your application and good luck with your career becoming a guardian of nature!