The South African Army has established a program for young South African citizens to serve for a two-year program thanks to its Military Skills Development Program. This program caters to South African youths, more specifically unemployed matriculants.
This program is purely voluntary and will not only benefit the candidate with skills and working experience, but it will also bring innovation and enhancement to the South African National Defense Force.
Anyone interested in joining this program is welcome to apply. Applicants will need to adhere to specific selection criteria set by the SANDF and will need to have all forms completed.
All applications need to be submitted by 30 July 2021. Please be aware that no applications will be considered or accepted by the SANDF past this date.
- Boland College IT Level 5 Learnership
- Admission for Training as a Nurse Diploma Mpumalanga Health Dep
- Medshield Medical Scheme Learnership
- Nestle Packaging Learnership 2022
- AECI Mining Learnerships 2022
This program is held in Pretoria, Gauteng.
About the SANDF
South Africa’s National Defense Force serves as the armed forces for the country. They are accountable to the Minister of Defense and Military Veterans of the Defense Department.
This military system as seen today was established in 1994, following South Africa’s first democratic election and integrating a new constitution.
The SANDF is currently involved in various domestic operations such as protecting the country’s border, eradicating illegal weapons in the country, disaster relief and assistance and ensuring South Africa’s security and safety. The SANDF also plays a part in UN peacekeeping missions mostly on the African continent.
About the SANDF SA Army Learnerships Program
This program is voluntary and offers both training and the opportunity to serve for the SANDF. The whole program lasts for 2 years where candidates will first receive basic military training in the first year and utilize these skills and training for deployment in the second.
This program will expect applicants to meet the following general and physical requirements:
- Must be a South African citizen (no dual citizenship)
- Applicants must have successfully completed Matric
- Applicants must be within the age of 18 – 22 years
- Applicants should not be area bound
- Applicants should not have a prior criminal record or any allegations at present
- Applicants should have an APS score of at least 17 not including Life Orientation
- Applicants should have good Leadership potential
- Applicants can apply up to the age of 26 years if they own a tertiary qualification with at least 360 credits.
- Minimum Height Females – 148cm
- Minimum Height Males – 155cm
- Minimum Weight Females – 48kg
- Minimum Weight Males – 52kg
- Applicants should be within an average weight-to-height ratio.
How to Apply?
To apply for this program you will need to complete the following application form here.
Make sure to include an updated CV and certified copies of your ID, Matric certificate, or any Tertiary Qualifications.
Your completed application form and supporting documents need to be mailed to:
SA Army HQ, Chief Directorate Army Corporate Services, Directorate Army Human Resources
Private Bag X 981
Successful applicants will be subject to various psychometric and medical evaluations along with verification of criminal records and academic qualifications.
For any questions and concerns relating to this program, you can contact the SANDF through the above mailing address, or contact the following numbers: (012) 355 1438 & (012) 355 2130