Sales & Marketing Learnership: Unlocking Your Potential
Are you ready to kickstart your career in sales and marketing?
SAB, a company with a rich heritage of dreaming big and reaching new heights, is looking for passionate individuals to join their team.
In this article, we’ll break down the details of their Sales & Marketing Learnership in an easy-to-understand way.
What’s the aim of this role?
The job’s purpose is to create a service strategy that makes the Tavern Class of Trade more competitive.
This strategy should boost brand equity, sales volume, market share, competitive advantage, and corporate reputation in a sustainable way.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
What will you be doing?
1. Commercial Aptitude
- Understand how sales and marketing work together in the value chain.
- Keep an eye on what competitors are doing.
- Learn about profitability and how pricing, product mix, and merchandising affect it.
2. Customer Focus
- Put the customer at the center of everything you do.
- Build strong and lasting relationships with customers.
- Make sure you meet customer needs, and always strive for their satisfaction and loyalty.
- Take responsibility for your actions and results.
- Be dedicated to your role, both personally and professionally.
- Aim high and maintain a strong sense of integrity as a representative of SAB.
- Adapt to changing situations.
- Stay open-minded and adjust priorities when needed.
- Identify and solve problems as they arise.
- Be ready for flexible working hours, including weekends and holidays.
5. Selling Skills
- Find customer needs and opportunities.
- Showcase what makes SAB unique and close sales deals.
- Plan, organize, and prioritize sales activities.
6. Planning and Organizing
- Work with the sales lead to make plans that highlight SAB’s advantages.
- Pay attention to details and execute plans meticulously to exceed customer expectations.
- Have excellent administration skills.
7. Customer Development
- Build and manage relationships with tavern owners.
- Stay in touch with customers regularly to strengthen partnerships and resolve issues.
- Keep customer information up to date and achieve sales targets.
8. AMPPS Delivery
- Meet the AMPPS survey targets: Availability, Merchandising, Price, Promotions, and Space.
- Keep track of stock levels to ensure key brands are always available.
- Follow merchandising guidelines and negotiate prices effectively.
- Maximize competitive shelf space and brand positioning.
9. Asset Management
- Manage SAB’s refrigeration assets, ensuring compliance with audit standards.
- Take care of all SAB assets in outlets, including permanent merchandising and signage.
- Maintain SAB product stock in fridges according to guidelines.
- Conduct asset verification surveys and assist with stock management.
- Diploma or Degree
- Valid unendorsed Code 8 driver’s license
- Basic computer skills, especially with Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of the local area
- Willingness to work flexible hours, including weekends
- Central Region
- Inland Region
- East Coast Region
- Cape Region
SAB is an equal opportunity employer, and appointments will be made in line with SAB/ABInBev’s employment equity plan and talent requirements.
The advert specifies minimum requirements, but management may use additional information for shortlisting.
Dream big with SAB and unlock your potential in sales and marketing.
Join a team that shares your passion, and together, you can make a big impact in the industry.
Apply today for this exciting learnership opportunity!