Are you new to the working world? Do you think you can make it in the customer service industry? If the answer is yes, then you’ve come to the right place!
Premier is now accepting applications for its learnership program.
This is a great opportunity for anyone who wants to get a start in the working world and also gain some valuable work experience at the same time.
If you want to join, then you need to apply right now.
We’ve provided a breakdown of how this internship program works and what it will need from you during the application process works.
This learnership will not be accepting applications after 9 March 2023. Please make sure that your application and all supporting documents are submitted before this date.
This internship will be held in Midrand, Gauteng.
What is Premier?
Premier, which was founded in 1820 and has a rich history spanning 200 years, has had an exciting new adventure in recent years as a result of Brait obtaining a majority interest and adopting a plan to increase its footprint in the FMCG sector. Kobus Gertenbach was named CEO in March 2021.
Over the last decade, the company has invested in its facilities and made acquisitions to diversify its portfolio from a traditional milling and bakery business into sugar confectionery (Super C, Mister Sweet, and Manhattan), home & personal care (Lil-lets, Dove Cottons, and Vulco), and bakery (Eastern Cape).
Throughout the remainder of Africa, the company’s acquisition strategy has grown our portfolio in eSwatini to include bakery, milling, and beverage businesses, as well as milling, biscuits, animal feeds, and pasta activities in Mozambique.
The company has an R14.5 billion yearly revenue and employs approximately 8100 people across many businesses.
Premier runs 13 bakeries, 7 wheat mills, 3 maize mills, and manufacturing units around the region, providing a diverse range of sugar confectionery, feminine hygiene, biscuits, animal feeds, pasta, and mageu.
Premier’s consumers get these items through 25 distribution facilities located in South Africa, eSwatini, Mozambique, and Lesotho. Premier also maintains a sales office in the United Kingdom that exports to the Middle East, Ireland, and other EU areas.
What is This Learnership Program?
The purpose of this internship is to recruit candidates as Support National Customer Managers in developing and maintaining client connections on Premier’s behalf in order to maintain and build profitable market share in accordance with channel and organizational strategic goals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Shadow National Customer Managers to learn about business, customers, shoppers, consumers, and the industry (attend Sales & cross-functional Invocoms, customer buyer meetings, seminars, workshops etc.)
- Participate in yearly Marketing Brand Plans and Customer Account Plans workshops to help National Customer Managers in developing and implementing Customer Account Plans.
- Support National Customer Managers in implementing and achieving brand objectives, as well as ensuring first-to-market innovation.
- Create Customer Reviews prior to customer meetings, create Customer Contact Reports following customer meetings, and follow up on action items mentioned in Customer Contact Reports – all to guarantee successful customer management.
- Verify promotional grid compliance on a weekly basis to confirm that promotions are taking place, and report any differences.
- Evaluate promotional efficacy (using internal sales and DataOrbis data) to determine return on investment (of promotions), and convey quarterly recommendations to National Customer Managers.
- Monitor returns and provide feedback to the National Customer Manager for discussion with the customer in order to efficiently handle returns and claims.
Please make sure you meet ALL of the following minimum entrance requirements before submitting your application because if you don’t, your application will be rejected:
- A matric certificate
- A BCom Degree
How To Apply
Applications are quite simple. All you need to do is apply on the company’s website. You can find the appropriate link here.
If you have any questions or concerns related to this learnership program, then you can contact Premier directly through the following means:
Customer Care Line: 0860 122 300
Customer Care Email: email@example.com
Maxwell Office Park
Magwa Crescent West
Private Bag X2127
Good luck with your application!