One of South Africa’s most notable supermarket franchises, Pick n Pay is now offering the chance for accounting students looking to gain a qualification in the retail industry.
This traineeship will provide successful candidates with exposure to effective training and work experience.
Candidates will also be put into teams and learn how to work together to not only benefit themselves but experience different approaches to different problems.
If this is something that you want to do, then we’ve got your back. Below is a guide on exactly how to go about the application process and exactly how the traineeship works.
The Pick n Pay traineeship will not be accepting applications after 30 April 2022.
Please ensure that your application is in by then along with any requested support documents that will be required by Pick n Pay.
Failure to do so will result in your application being dismissed from the selection process.
This learnership will be held in Cape Town, Western Cape.
What is The Pick n Pay Company?
Pick n Pay is a household name that has been around for decades in South Africa.
The supermarket chain has been providing customers with a wide range of products from basic groceries to electronics for a long time and has grown to be one of the largest chains in the country.
With branches all over the country and many employees, it’s safe to say that Pick n Pay is here to stay and will continue to supply South Africa with household products for generations to come.
What is The Pick n Pay Traineeship?
This traineeship is open to determined and focused applicants working towards their CA (SA) qualification.
Pick n Pay is looking for people with great skills to not only enrich the company but for themselves as well while they work with experienced professionals.
Trainees will be exposed to the following practices:
- Group reporting (preparing financial statements)
- Retail reporting (preparing management accounts)
- Capex and Treasury/ Insurance
- Small Enterprise Development
- Internal Audit
- Supply chain
The Pick n Pay traineeship will require applicants to meet the following criteria to be considered ideal candidates for this program:
- Applicants must be studying toward a CTA / PGDA / Honors degree.
- Applicants must complete their qualifications by December 2022, to write ITC in January 2023.
- Applicants need to be passionate about retail.
- Applicants must have the ambition to become a Pick n Pay future leader.
- Applicants must demonstrate professional values and attitudes.
- Applicants need the ability to be able to integrate acumen and technical competence with each area of the value creation process.
How To Apply
Applications are quite easy to complete. All you need to do is fill out the online application form here. Also, please make sure to include the following support documents:
- An updated CV
- Certified copies of your university transcripts.
- Proof of registration of CTA/PGDA for 2022 or University transcript/certificate of CTA/PGDA passed
If you have any questions or concerns related to the Pick n Pay Traineeship, then you can contact the company’s head office directly through the following means:
Telephone number: 021 658 1000
Good luck with your application!