Paramedics are part of the healthcare industry. Paramedics mainly work in an outdoor environment as part of the emergency medical service crew that is sent out with an ambulance.
They mostly deal with home emergencies, road accidents and other accidents or circumstances that require emergency medical attention. This is usually when people cannot get to a hospital due to complications in an emergency situation.
Paramedic Learnerships are popular in demand and are offered by health industry companies in South Africa.
This profession has developed greatly since the first emergency care personnel was used in the 1970?s. The first ambulances merely transported sick and injured people to hospital but these days they are more trained and seen as mobile nurses in a way.
Every call received will be different from the previous or next one, thus, paramedics need to be experienced in cardiac arrest, resuscitation, essential treatments for internal, external damage, medication, delivering babies, mental health issues and more.
Paramedic Learnerships Available
This field offers what the name states and basically offer paramedic learnerships. Many of the learnerships offered can be for a one or two year period. It usually includes practical and theoretical training or learning.
It involves all aspects of emergency care including ambulance driving, medical procedures, medicine and more. It is a life-changing and saving career.
Latest Health Care Learnerships
- Ampath Laboratories Learnership Facilitator 2024
- Clicks Pharmacy Assistance Learnerships 2023
- Medirite Pharmacist Assistant Learnerships 2024
- Dis-Chem Dispensary Learnerships 2023-2024 (Update)
- Mpumalanga College of Nursing Learnership Programme 2023
- Wits Health Promotion Officer Learnership Programme 2023-2024
- Emergency Care Worker
- Ambulance Driver
- Consultant Paramedic
Companies offering Paramedic Learnerships
- Department of Health North West
- Department of Health Polokwane
- Department of Health Kwa Zulu Natal
- Netcare 911
- SAPS ? South African Paramedic Services
Paramedic Learnerships Requirements
Most companies will have the same requirements for this field. However, if you intend to apply for paramedic learnerships be sure that you know what the company you are applying to require.
If you do not meet all the stipulations, you are not eligible to apply. Here is a basic list of the stipulations you can expect.
- You must be a citizen of SA
- Must have a valid ID book or document of South Africa
- You must have completed your Grade 12 and hold a Matric certificate with a 50% average
- Must have passed English, Mathematics & Physical Science with a 40% mark on level 4 (NGF)
Applicants must submit a CV, all academic results, copy of ID or citizenship with the application. All fields of the application must be completed and all detail provided on it must be current. S
elected candidates who make the shortlist will be contacted and may be asked to attend an interview, health check or further assessments.