On The Ball College ICT Learnership Programme 2023/24 in Cape Town
Are you interested in kick-starting your career in the field of ICT Support?
On The Ball College is offering an exciting opportunity for enthusiastic learners to join their System Support Level 5 learnership programme in Cape Town.
If you are eager to develop your skills and gain valuable work experience, this 12-month programme is perfect for you.
Here’s all you need to know:
Background & Mission of the College
On The Ball College aims to contribute to South Africa’s economic growth by promoting education and skill development.
By empowering individuals and fostering a knowledge-based society, the college strives to make a positive impact on the country’s future.
During this learnership programme, you will have the chance to enhance your knowledge and skills in System Support. Here’s what the programme entails:
- System Support Training: You will receive both online and onsite training to develop a strong foundation in System Support.
- Assignments and Portfolio: You will complete assignments that will be compiled into a portfolio, showcasing your practical understanding of the subject.
- Work Integration: As part of the programme, you will be placed at a host company to gain valuable work experience and apply your learnings in a real-world setting.
- Commitment: It is essential to be committed to the programme by attending all classes and fulfilling work commitments.
To be eligible for this learnership programme, you need to meet the following requirements:
- AA/EE Candidate: Applicants from designated groups are encouraged to apply.
- South African Citizen: You must be a citizen of South Africa.
- Matric Certificate: Successful completion of matric (Grade 12) is required.
- Previous ICT Qualification: You should have a previous ICT qualification at NQF level 4.
- CompTIA A+ or Networking+ (Advantage): Having certifications in CompTIA A+ or Networking+ is beneficial.
- Age Requirement: You must be between 19 and 24 years old.
- Western Cape Residence: Residing in the Western Cape and providing proof of residence is necessary.
- Employment Status: You should not be employed or involved in another learnership programme during the duration of this programme.
- Clean Record: A clean criminal and credit record is essential.
- Screening and Assessments: Applicants will undergo screening and skills assessments.
- Interest in ICT Support: You should have a genuine interest in pursuing a career in ICT Support.
- Communication Skills: Good communication skills are important.
- Work-Integrated Learning: You should be willing to participate in work-integrated learning as required.
- Commitment Period: The learnership programme runs for twelve (12) months, from May 2023 to April 2024, and you must commit to the full duration.
- Computer and Internet Access: Access to a computer and the internet at home is necessary.
Stipend and Course Fees
As a participant in the learnership programme, all course fees will be sponsored.
In addition, you will receive a monthly stipend of R4000 for the duration of the project, providing financial support during your learning journey.
To apply for the Learnership Programme, please email your CV along with the required documentation to the provided email address.
Make sure to include the following documents:
- Electronic CV
- Certified copies of ID, qualifications, and matric certificate (dated within the last three months)
- Affidavit stating your unemployed status
- Reference letter
- Motivation letter
Don’t miss this fantastic opportunity to gain valuable skills and practical experience in ICT Support.
Apply now and take the first step towards a successful career in the field.
Please note that to apply, you will need to first register and login with findojobs.co.za before proceeding with your application.
About On The Ball College
On The Ball College is a renowned educational institution in South Africa that is dedicated to empowering individuals through quality education and skills development.
With a strong focus on practical training and industry-relevant courses, the college offers learnerships that provide exciting opportunities for those looking to kick-start their careers.
Here’s why their learnerships are particularly interesting for people who want to work there:
1. Knowledge-based Education Approach
On The Ball College firmly believes in the transformational power of education and strives to develop South Africa into a knowledge-based society.
Their learnerships are designed to equip learners with the practical skills and theoretical knowledge required to excel in their chosen fields.
By providing a comprehensive learning experience, the college prepares individuals for the demands of the modern workforce.
2. Work-Integrated Learning Opportunities
One of the key highlights of learnerships at On The Ball College is the emphasis on work-integrated learning.
Learners have the opportunity to gain hands-on experience by being placed at host companies during their programmes.
This practical exposure allows them to apply their knowledge in real-world settings, understand industry dynamics, and develop essential workplace skills.
It significantly enhances their employability and readiness to contribute effectively to their chosen professions.
3. Relevance to Industry Needs
On The Ball College is committed to offering learnerships that align with industry needs and demands.
They collaborate closely with employers and industry experts to identify key skills gaps and develop programmes that address those gaps effectively.
By focusing on fields such as ICT Support, the college ensures that learners acquire the skills and knowledge required to thrive in industries with growing opportunities.
4. Qualified and Experienced Instructors
At On The Ball College, learners benefit from the guidance of qualified and experienced instructors who bring a wealth of industry knowledge to the classroom.
These instructors are dedicated to providing a supportive and engaging learning environment, ensuring that learners receive the best possible education and mentorship throughout their learnership journey.
Their expertise helps learners grasp complex concepts and develop practical skills with confidence.
5. Sponsorship and Stipend Support
Finances can often be a barrier to education and skills development.
On The Ball College recognizes this and offers sponsored learnerships, alleviating the financial burden for learners.
Learners participating in their programmes receive financial support in the form of sponsored course fees, allowing them to focus on their studies and professional growth.
Additionally, a monthly stipend is provided to learners, further assisting them during the programme.
6. Commitment to Personal and Professional Growth
On The Ball College is dedicated to the holistic development of learners.
Their learnerships go beyond technical skills and aim to foster personal and professional growth.
Learners are encouraged to develop effective communication skills, critical thinking abilities, and a strong work ethic.
The college instills values such as integrity, accountability, and a commitment to lifelong learning, preparing learners to excel not only in their chosen careers but also in their personal lives.
By choosing a learnership at On The Ball College, individuals can benefit from a supportive learning environment, industry-relevant training, practical experience, and financial assistance.
These learnerships offer a stepping stone to a successful career by equipping learners with the necessary skills and knowledge to excel in their chosen fields.