Nelson Mandela was a historic icon that changed the very foundations of South Africa. From politics to infrastructure his legacy lives on.
Even now, years after his passing, the Nelson Mandela Foundation is providing the opportunity for students in the communications and finance field to join in their internship program.
It’s a great opportunity if you want to start and grow your career in these fields, especially with such an esteemed foundation having your back.
Successful candidates will receive a monthly stipend and will be required to carry out various roles and responsibilities for this internship. If this is something you’re interested in, we highly encourage you to apply.
The closing date for the Nelson Mandela Foundation Internships is on 10 March 2022.
Please make sure that you have handed in your application before this date along with the requested support documents. Please note that if you fail to do so, your application will not be considered by the foundation.
The Nelson Mandela Foundation Internship will be held in Johannesburg, Gauteng.
What is The Nelson Mandela Foundation
A non-profit organization established in 1999, the Nelson Mandela Foundation is a custodian of the former president’s living legacy.
The foundation is committed to its vision of equality and freedom. This vision is the catalyst behind their internship program. Through this program, the foundation has the chance of allowing unemployed youth to use their education to develop the career they’ve been focused on.
What is The Internships About
The internships are aimed at giving students in communications and finance fields the relevant working experience they need.
Candidates will be required to carry out various roles and responsibilities specific to their field that contribute to the foundation’s benefit. The internship will last for a full year and candidates will receive a monthly stipend for their work.
Applicants will need to meet the following requirements if they wish to be considered for an internship:
- Applicants must be South African citizens
- Applicants must be between the ages of 18 and 30 years
- Applicants must be unemployed
- Preference may be given to applicants residing in the Gauteng region, as well as candidates from previously disadvantaged backgrounds and applicants living with disabilities
- Applicants need to be able to plan and prioritize work
- Applicants need to be able to meet deadlines
- Applicants must be able to work independently
- Applicants need to be team players
- Applicants must be a self-starter
- Applicants must multitaskers
- Applicants need to be able to prioritize across multiple projects
- Applicants need a close attention to detail
- Applicants must be systematic and thorough when conducting work
- Applicants must be computer literate
- Applicants must have experience working in Microsoft Word & Excel, website design, Google apps, as well as on social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter)
- Applicants must have completed a qualification in any of these fields: Communications, Finance, Journalism and or relevant writing or communications experience in the NGO sector, media, or marketing (or a related qualification that you can motivate relates to the work of the communications program at NMF)
- Applicants need to be recently graduated
- Applicants must have little or no full-time work experience – preference will be given to candidates who have NOT previously participated in an internship opportunity within a South African NGO
- Applicants must have excellent journalism, creative writing, and finance skills
How To Apply
Applications are fairly simple. All you need to do is submit the following documents to [email protected]:
- An updated CV
- A certified copy of your ID
- A certified copy of your completed qualification
Please make sure that you include the position you are applying for in the email subject line.
If you have any questions or concerns related to the Nelson Mandela Foundation Internships, then you can contact the organization’s spokesperson, Ms. B.S Mzondeki
Contact Number: 011 547 5600