Any eager applicants wanting to become successful journalists may just have found the opportunity they’ve been looking for!
Media24 is now accepting applications for its Community News internship program.
This is a great way for passionate candidates to gain solid work experience in this field and receive hands-on training.
If this is something that you can get behind and see yourself benefitting from this internship program, then we strongly recommend that you apply.
Below is a guide on exactly what this internship will expect from you and what you will need to do during the application process.
The Media24 Community News Internship will not be accepting applications after 20 May 2022.
Please ensure that your application is in by then along with any requested support documents that will be required by the organization.
Failure to do so will result in your application being dismissed from the selection process.
This internship will be held in Worcester, Western Cape.
What is Media24?
Media24 is is a print company that is a division of the media company, Naspers. Media24 is responsible for the printing and publishing of newspapers and magazines on behalf of Naspers including online platforms.
The company deals with a variety of mediums from digital media, newspapers, magazines, distribution, printing, e-commerce, job classifieds, and book publishing.
Media 24 is a leading name in its field and is commonly used on the internet and mobile devices throughout the country.
What is The Media24 Community News Internship?
This internship is aimed at budding journalists who want to begin their careers in this field.
Successful candidates will be part of this program for a total of 6 months.
During this time they will need to prove that they have excellent writing skills, especially in both English and Afrikaans.
Apart from this, candidates will also need to carry out the following tasks:
- Write and upload news reports and articles on strict deadlines.
- Adhere to the content standards, quality and style as set out in the publication.
- Do research for articles.
- Upload school news and other community news articles to the system.
- Occasionally attend events, take photos and write articles.
- Supporting role for permanent journalists.
The Media24 Community News Internship requires applicants to meet the following criteria before submitting their applications:
- Applicants must have completed or be currently studying towards a Diploma or Degree in any of these fields: Journalism, Languages, or Media Studies.
- Applicants must be computer literate.
- Applicants must be fluent in English and Afrikaans.
- Applicants must be creative.
- Applicants must be able to meet strict deadlines.
- Applicants must have good time management skills.
- Applicants must be able to work independently.
- Applicants must have good listening and questioning abilities.
- Applicants must be willing and able to work irregular hours.
- Applicants must have a valid driver’s license.
How To Apply
Applications for this internship are quite simple. All you need to do is complete the online application form here. You will also need to attach the following support documents:
- An updated CV.
- A certified copy of your ID.
- A certified copy of your Matric certificate.
- A certified copy of your academic record/ transcripts.
- A certified copy of your driver’s license.
If you have any questions or concerns related to this Internship, then you can contact Media24 directly through the following means:
Contact page: https://www.media24.com/contact-us/
Good luck with your application!