Johannesburg City Parks & Zoo Horticultural Learnership Opportunities
Johannesburg City Parks & Zoo is a leader in the horticultural industry and strives for excellence in all aspects of their work.
They are currently offering learnership opportunities for individuals interested in the horticultural field. Below are the details of the learnership programme.
Who Can Apply?
- South Africans residing in the Johannesburg region
- Ages between 18 to 35 years
- Possession of a matric certificate or equivalent
- People with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Closing date for applications is 13 June 2023
- Use reference number LHO05042023 in your application subject line; failure to do so may lead to disqualification
- No employment is guaranteed at the end of the learnership programme
- Qualifications: Grade 12 certificate or NQF L4 and/or knowledge & skills in the related field
- Knowledge: Health & Safety in a horticultural environment and Soil Science
- Training Outputs:
- Health and Safety in a Horticultural Environment
- Identification of plants and cultivation & care of ornamental plants
- Condition & prepare soils for planting
- Use fertilizers on plants
- Chemical and mechanical removal of weeds and alien plants
- Mixing and application of herbicides and pesticides
- Laying and maintenance of grass sods
- Mowing lawns and pruning plants
- R3 500 per month
- Send application to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Attach CV with certified supporting documents (qualifications etc.)
Johannesburg City Parks & Zoo is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all persons to apply.
If you do not receive a response from us within 21 days after the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.