Unlock Your Potential with Harambee’s Work Integrated Learning Programme
Are you a young individual eager to gain valuable skills and earn while making a difference?
If you’re passionate about customer service and helping others, Harambee Youth Employment Accelerator’s Work Integrated Learning Programme might be the perfect opportunity for you.
Let’s explore what this programme entails and how you can be part of it.
Harambee Youth Employment Accelerator NPC is on a mission to tackle youth unemployment through strategic partnerships.
As a not-for-profit social enterprise, Harambee aims to break down barriers that hinder job opportunities for millions of South Africans.
With a significant role in the SA Youth platform, Harambee has already facilitated over 900,000 work opportunities and assisted more than 3.5 million job seekers.
Harambee’s Work Integrated Learning Programme offers a 12-month opportunity for young individuals to engage with our Contact Center.
This role not only allows you to build valuable experience in the contact center environment but also empowers you to assist fellow young individuals facing challenges in finding employment.
As part of this programme, you will:
- Provide guidance and advice to young work seekers/entrepreneurs through telephonic and email communications.
- Utilize active listening and problem-solving skills to understand and address the needs of young work seekers/entrepreneurs.
- Collaborate with team leaders to enhance processes and improve the experience for these individuals.
- Uphold Harambee’s values and ways of working.
To thrive in this role, you should have:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Advantageous fluency in multiple South African languages.
- Basic computer literacy and typing skills.
- Effective multitasking and time management abilities.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and empathy.
- Capability to remain composed in stressful situations.
- A team-oriented and disciplined approach.
- Commitment and dedication to the role.
- Encouraging applicants from LSEN schools.
To be eligible, you need to meet these criteria:
- Commit to a 12-month programme starting in September 2023.
- Be available from 8am-5pm, Monday to Friday, throughout the programme.
- Openness to work shifts and occasional weekends.
- Reside within one taxi ride of Braamfontein.
- Matric (Grade 12) or Grade 10 for applicants with disabilities.
- No criminal record.
- Currently unemployed with limited work experience.
- Harambee promotes diversity and inclusivity, particularly encouraging applicants with disabilities.
Apply and Empower:
If you’re ready to embark on a journey of learning, growth, and impact, consider joining Harambee’s Work Integrated Learning Programme.
To apply, you’ll need to be part of the network, so take this chance to unlock your potential and contribute to a brighter future for yourself and others.