The South African Government has offices in each province of the country and offers talented individuals great opportunities each year.
These learnerships give matriculated students the opportunity to learn more about their chosen career field.
Government Departments providing Learnerships for Matriculants
There are many Government Departments that offer matriculants great learnership opportunities.
Here are some of the Government learnerships for matriculants to consider:
- Department of Transport learnerships
- Department of Tourism Learnerships
- Department of Basic Education
- Department of Higher Education learnerships
- Department of Labor learnerships
- Department of Public Works learnerships
- Department of Health learnerships (Kwazulu Natal, North West, Polokwane)
- Department of Home Affairs learnerships
See the full list of Governmental Learnerships
Career Options With Government Learnerships for Matriculants
Career options within Government provide interested individuals a wide field of options as each Department has different opportunities.
Candidates are urged to apply for positions within the area where they live as housing is not offered with learnerships.
Here are some of the career options candidates can consider when applying for a Government learnership for matriculants:
- Human Resources
- Public Service
Government Learnerships for Matriculants Requirements
Many of the learnership programs offered by each Department of Government will have set requirements that must be met by candidates wishing to apply.
Candidates must ensure they know what the requirements are and that they meet them all before making their application.
The basic requirements may include the following:
- All applicants must be between 18 and 35 years of age
- Applicants must be a citizen of South Africa
- Candidates must hold a valid Matric certification
- Applicants must be proficient in English
- You must not be employed
Government Learnerships for Matriculants Application
Most Departments of Government require that candidates complete a Z83 application form.
These can be downloaded from the Department’s website that the application is being made to or collected and submitted by one of the offices of the relevant Department.
Candidates must ensure all documentation is certified before submitting the application form that all contact detail is up-to-date and the application is completed in full.