Exciting Opportunity as a Field Technical Electrician Learner
Are you looking for an opportunity in the field of technical electronics, particularly as a Field Technical Electrician?
Fleet Horizon Solutions (Pty) Ltd in Pretoria is offering an exciting learnership opportunity for you.
Let’s break down what this opportunity is all about.
- Position: Learnership – Field Technical Electrician
- Location: Pretoria
- Type: Fixed Term, Internship, Full Time
About Fleet Horizon Solutions
Fleet Horizon Solutions specializes in providing services related to technical product installation, de-installation, and maintenance, particularly in the field of tracking and related devices.
The key focus is to ensure that all work aligns with OEM specifications and complies with all OEM technical requirements.
Safety is of utmost importance with strict adherence to OHSA.
This learnership involves various responsibilities across different aspects:
- Adhere to customer contract SLAs.
- Comply with the organization’s Asset Risk Management Models.
- Communicate with internal and external customers to address technical issues and provide support.
- Resolve queries within defined timelines and quality expectations.
- Maintain efficient and timely customer response times.
- Ensure accuracy of documentation and information on systems.
- Follow policies and procedures to minimize operational risks and enhance efficiency.
- Manage internal and external relationships, ensuring compliance with SLAs.
- Address and resolve stakeholder issues within defined quality and service levels.
- Liaise with manufacturers and suppliers regarding warranties and assistance.
- Comply with regulations and safety standards.
- Adhere to company policies and procedures.
- Handle administrative duties accurately and promptly.
- Perform any reasonable tasks as requested by management.
Asset Risk Management
- Investigate cases of abuse and poor installation/repair workmanship.
- Obtain and manage repair quotations for in-service contracts.
- Conduct regular audits to assess asset conditions in line with business requirements.
- Efficiently maintain fleet assets.
- Conduct field service, including technical product installation, de-installation, and maintenance.
- Ensure adherence to technical procedures and work instructions.
- Arrive promptly at scheduled work and client premises.
- Carry out field services according to related procedures and fitment instructions.
- Deliver the highest level of client service during field service.
- Complete job cards accurately and submit them within 24 hours of completion.
- Take digital photos on all breakdown calls, job discrepancies, and vehicle abuse.
- Manage the repair process of damaged devices.
- Inspect vehicles at suppliers before, during, and after repairs, when required.
- Plan, coordinate, and conduct inspections.
- Maintain vehicles/assets within OEM specifications to protect fund and warranty stipulations.
- Eliminate warranty loss.
- Prepare and present all required reports within the scope of the role.
- Comply with quality requirements as outlined by internal policies and OEM stipulations.
- Ensure data quality assurance and quality control, analysis, and interpretation.
- Communicate with suppliers regarding technical issues.
- Conduct inspections and build processes.
- Perform pre-delivery and delivery inspections.
- Oversee relevant projects linked to the role and department.
Learning and Growth
- Adhere to company procedures and policies, manage time effectively, and be a team player.
- Show meticulous administration, willingness to assist others, and a passion for self-development.
- Attend training sessions and take personal ownership for growth.
- Attend tender briefings.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum Tertiary Qualification in a Technical Field.
- Mechanical Qualification.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar position/environment.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in Auto Electronics.
- Tertiary auto-electrical qualification or equivalent.
- Compliance with annual health and safety medical assessment.
- Annual Technician certification.
- Computer literacy skills.
- Ability to manage daily pressure.
- Strong communication skills.
- Good knowledge of the Health and Safety Act.
- Knowledge of applicable Transport Legislation.
- Related technical qualification or experience.
- Strong computer literacy, including advanced knowledge of Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with Tracking & Telematics Devices.
- Report Writing Skills.
- Proficiency in English.
- Ability to manage workflow effectively.
- Attention to detail.
- Discipline to meet deadlines.
- Interpersonal Skills.
- Resilience to manage pressure and adapt to a changing environment.
- Exercise judgment within defined parameters.
Applicants must send a comprehensive CV, the names of three referees, and copies of ID and qualifications to email@example.com via PNET.
Late applications will not be accepted, and CVs will not be returned.
Shortlisted candidates will undergo further checks, including security clearance, qualification verification, criminal records, previous employment, and a psychometric test.
The closing date for applications is November 10, 2023, at 16h00.
Note to Applicants
Fleet Horizon Solutions is committed to the principles of Employment Equity, and candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
If you haven’t received a response within 3 months of the closing date, consider your application as unsuccessful.
Be prepared for selection interviews as scheduled by Fleet Horizon Solutions.