Pupil Technician Opportunities at Eskom: Your Path to a Career in Electrical Engineering
Eskom, one of South Africa’s leading energy companies, is offering an exciting opportunity for aspiring individuals to kickstart their careers in electrical engineering.
If you have completed your S4 in Electrical Heavy Current and are eager to gain hands-on experience, this 12-month P1 and P2 Training Programme might be just the stepping stone you need.
In this article, we’ll provide you with all the essential details in a clear and straightforward manner.
Position: Pupil Technician (Transmission Division)
- Vacancy Type: External/Internal
- Task Grade: TR2
- Area of Specialization: Maintenance
- Department: Various
- Business Unit: Apollo CS
- Location: South Africa (Gauteng)
- Reference Number: 50823621AS
- Closing Date: 10/19/2023
- Fully Completed S4 (Electrical Heavy Current)
Skills and Competencies
To excel in this role, you should possess the following:
- Good communication skills
- The ability to understand technical concepts
- Safety consciousness
- Conscientious and self-discipline approach
- Responsibility and commitment
- Emotional resilience
- The ability to perform physical work
- A positive attitude
- Teamwork skills
As a Pupil Technician, you’ll be part of a 12-month Training Programme that includes:
- Institutionalized training: You’ll receive formal training to build your foundational knowledge.
- On-the-job training: You’ll have the opportunity to apply what you’ve learned in real-world situations.
- Working towards your Diploma: This program is designed to help you achieve your diploma in electrical engineering.
How to Apply
Eskom encourages applicants to use the online application process. Please note that only one application per applicant is allowed.
For any assistance or inquiries regarding this advertisement, you can email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you have not been contacted within 28 days after the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
- Eskom is committed to equality, employment equity, and diversity. Preference may be given to candidates from under-represented designated groups, in accordance with Eskom’s employment equity plan and goals.
- Eskom reserves the right not to make an appointment to the advertised posts.
- Candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- Eskom is dedicated to providing a smoke-free environment for its employees and visitors at the workplace.
Embark on your journey toward a rewarding career in electrical engineering with Eskom’s Pupil Technician Programme.
Don’t miss out on this incredible opportunity to gain valuable experience and expertise in a dynamic industry.