Start Your IT Career with the IT Technical Support Learnership at Discovery
Are you interested in pursuing a career in IT?
If you have a passion for technology, problem-solving skills, and a desire to learn, the IT Technical Support Learnership at Discovery might be the perfect opportunity for you.
This learnership is designed to provide you with the necessary skills and knowledge to excel in the field of IT technical support.
Business Unit: Discovery Central Services
Discovery’s mission is to improve people’s lives and well-being. We value individuals who share our mission and align with our values.
Our dynamic and fast-paced environment encourages self-driven individuals to excel.
As global thought leaders, we are committed to innovation that brings about positive change in society.
Key Purpose of the Role
The IT Technical Support Learnership is your path to a nationally recognized FETC: IT Technical Support qualification.
This program combines structured learning with practical experience within the IT Servicing Team.
Areas of Responsibility
As a learner in the IT Technical Support program, you will be exposed to various areas, including:
- Desktop support.
- Hardware engineering.
- Digital support, especially in the Contact Centre.
Personal Attributes and Skills
To succeed in this learnership, the following attributes are important:
- Innovative and critical thinking skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Maintaining high standards for quality and quantity of work.
- Effective time management and planning abilities.
- Capability to handle tasks under pressure.
- Proficiency in working independently and within a team.
- Being service-oriented with a sense of urgency.
- Adaptability to changing circumstances and constructive response to criticism.
Education and Experience
To be eligible for this learnership, you need:
- Grade 12 qualification.
- Minimum Level 4 (50%) in Mathematics and English.
- Minimum Level 5 (60%) in Maths Literacy.
- Minimum Level 4 (50%) in a second language.
- Optional: An incomplete tertiary IT qualification.
Please note the following requirements:
- Not currently engaged in post-Matric studies or formal employment.
- No previous completion of a learnership.
- Age between 18 and 30 years.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Basic computer skills, including MS Excel and MS Outlook.
Join the Journey
Discovery is committed to diversity and inclusion. If you’re ready to embark on a journey of learning and growth in the IT field, don’t miss this opportunity.
Apply now and become a part of the Discovery team, where your passion for technology can thrive.