Dischem Dispensary Support Learnership Programme 2023/24 in South Africa
Multiple vacancies exist at Dis-Chem Pharmacies for a Dispensary Support throughout the country to join the group.
The primary goal of this is to hire students who can successfully complete the learner basic pharmacy assistant course.
This course encourages the idea of high-quality on-the-job learning by enabling students to comprehend the fundamental concepts underpinning all of the key areas connected to the pharmaceutical environment and dispensing.
Until they are registered with the SAPC as learner basic assistants, staff will work in a fixed-term role as dispensary support.
Permanent work won’t be granted until after becoming certified as a fundamental pharmacist assistant.
Minimum Requirements to Apply
To qualify for this position, you need to meet the following minimum requirements:
- Grade 12 – Matric or a Senior Certificate with Pure Mathematics 50%, Life Science and/or Physical Science with at least an average of 50%.
- Dispensary Support staff must complete a proficiency test to register with Pharmacy Council (SAPC) as a learner basic assistant.
- Once registered, learners can perform the following services under direct personal supervision of a pharmacist in a pharmacy:
- Sale of Schedule 1 medicines or scheduled substances.
- Assist with non-sterile medicine or scheduled substance preparation.
- Unpacking and merchandising of stock and cleaning of dispensary and OTC shelves.
- Medication interpretation and checking for accuracy.
- Assist with stock control and shelf organisation.
- Follow up with patients regarding script tracking.
- Provide health information to individuals.
- Assist with scheme authorization of chronic, HIV and AIDS and oncology medication.
- Receive dispensary stock in accordance with company SOP.
- English and 2nd language – Read, write and speak.
- Time management, deadline driven, dealing with pressure, attention to detail.
- Good communication skills, listening, customer service/focus, problem solving, team player, conflict management, leading by example, accountability, professional conduct, trustworthy and honest.
- Computer, numerical skills.
- Retail FMCG, Dis-Chem front shop experience and good performance record.
- Drug and family planning and complementary medicine.
- Unisolv, SAP and E-Scripting.
Special Conditions of Employment
- Proficiency test to assess capability to register with Pharmacy Council.
- South African citizen.
- MIE, clear criminal and credit record.
Remuneration and Benefits
- Market-related salary.
- Only successful applicants will be contacted. If you have not been contacted within two weeks after the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
- Dis-Chem Pharmacies is an equal-opportunity employer and actively supports the recruitment of people with disabilities.
- Dis-Chem’s approved Employment Equity Plan and Targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process aligned to Dis-Chem’s Employment Equity & Transformation Strategy.
How To Apply
Closing date: 26 December 2023
Closing date: 28 December 2023
Closing date: 27 December 2023: