If you are looking to earn solid work experience and start a career in pharmacy dispensing, then the Dis-Chem Dispensary Learnerships may just be your next step to take.
The Dis-Chem company is looking for young and eager applicants to join their learnership program to not only benefit their operations but to grow their career prospects in pharmaceutical dispensaries.
Below is a guide on how everything in the learnership works and what it will need from you, should you wish to apply. If this is something you are interested in and seems promising, then it’s highly advised you apply.
The Dis-Chem Dispensary Learnerships will not be accepting applications after 19 March 2022.
Please make sure that your application and support documents are submitted before this date. If you fail to do so, then your application will not be accepted by Dis-Chem and you will not be considered for selection.
The Dis-Chem Dispensary Learnerships will be held in Pretoria and the Western Cape.
About Dis-Chem Pharmacies
The Dis-Chem Company is the second-largest pharmacy retail chain in the country.
With over 200 stores spread throughout the nation, the company brings in a revenue of well over R20 billion per year. The company has grown over the decades by offering online purchases, loyalty memberships, and starting its own line of products.
Dis-Chem is known to supply the public mainly with prescription and over-the-counter medications. As time has passed they have broadened their product base to various items such as dental care, sports nutrition, oral supplements, first aid, etc.
What is The Dis-Chem Dispensary Learnerships
This learnership program is aimed at employing competent applicants who can learn and carry out the basic duties of a pharmacist’s assistant.
The course will teach successful candidates the roles and responsibilities of the pharmaceutical sector. Their responsibilities will consist of the following:
- Receive stock as instructed by the company abiding by the regulations of the SOP.
- The sale of schedule 1 medications and other equivalent substances.
- Report stock shortages and errors to the relevant supervisor.
- Assist with stocking and cleaning shelves in the store.
- Assist with the authorization of chronic HIV and AIDS and oncology medication.
- Any duty assigned by the dispensary manager.
- Provide relevant information to customers with the purpose of promoting their health.
- Ensure that all medications are labeled, packed, and checked correctly. This includes dosage and interaction with other medication and food.
- Assist with scripts from call centers and patient telephone requests.
- Ensure that all medications are approved and signed by a pharmacist.
- Follow up with customers who have prescriptions and make sure their well-being is improving.
The Dis-Chem Dispensary Learnerships do require applicants to meet a few requirements in order to be chosen for this program. Applicants will need to have the following:
- Applicants need to have completed Matric with an overall average of at least 50% in Mathematics, Life Sciences, and Physical Sciences.
- Capable of reading, writing, and speaking English along with a second language.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Detail orientated.
- Good communication skills.
- Competency in computer and numerical skills.
How To Apply?
Please make sure to include the following support documents with your application:
- A certified copy of your ID
- A certified copy of your matric certificate
- An updated CV
If you have any questions or concerns relating to the Dis-Chem Dispensary Learnerships, then you can contact Dis-Chem Pharmacies through the following means:
Good luck with your application!