Department of Sport, Art & Culture Learnership Programme 2023/24 in All Provinces
The Department of Sport, Arts & Culture, in partnership with the National Youth Development Agency (NYDA), is seeking young individuals with a passion for the Creative & Cultural Industries to participate in a one-year National Youth Service Programme known as The Young Creatives Programme.
This initiative aims to mobilize communities and involve youth in arts and culture activities.
What is The Young Creatives Programme
The Young Creatives Programme offers an opportunity for young people to make a difference in their communities by implementing arts and cultural activities.
Through this program, participants will engage with Community Arts Centers and schools, coordinate events, and foster relationships with local organizations.
The focus is on personal development, growth, and creating a positive impact.
Requirements for Participation
To be eligible for The Young Creatives Programme, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Education: Possess a Grade 12 Certificate (a tertiary qualification is advantageous).
- Age: Fall within the age range of 18 to 35 years.
- Sector: Be involved in the creative and cultural sector.
- Skills: Demonstrate facilitation, presentation, and communication abilities.
- Language Proficiency: Have proficiency in English and the local language.
- Background: Possess a strong background in youth development.
- Characteristics: Display self-initiative, proactiveness, attention to detail, and the ability to serve as a role model.
How to Apply
If you meet the above requirements and are interested in joining The Young Creatives Programme, follow the application process outlined in the attachments below.
The attachments provide contact details and specific application procedures for each province.
The closing date for applications is 26 May 2023. Make sure to submit your application before this deadline.
The Young Creatives Programme is an excellent opportunity for young individuals interested in arts and culture to actively contribute to their communities.
By participating in this program, you can engage with the Creative & Cultural Industries, implement meaningful activities, and develop personally.
Don’t miss out on this chance to make a difference and explore your passion for arts and culture.
Apply today and be part of The Young Creatives Programme!
About The Department of Sport, Art & Culture
The Department of Sport, Arts, and Culture in South Africa plays a vital role in promoting and preserving the country’s rich heritage, arts, and sporting activities.
It is a government department responsible for developing policies, programs, and initiatives that support the growth and sustainability of the sport, arts, and cultural sectors.
Learnerships offered by the Department of Sport, Arts, and Culture provide valuable opportunities for individuals who are passionate about the creative and cultural industries and aspire to work in these fields.
Here are some reasons why their learnerships are interesting for people who want to work there:
- Professional Development: The learnerships offered by the department provide a structured and comprehensive learning experience. Participants have the chance to develop their skills, knowledge, and expertise in various aspects of the sport, arts, and cultural sectors.
- Practical Experience: Learnerships often include practical, on-the-job training, allowing individuals to gain hands-on experience in their chosen field. This practical exposure enhances their understanding of industry practices and prepares them for future employment.
- Networking Opportunities: Working within the department and participating in learnerships allows individuals to connect and collaborate with professionals, experts, and peers in the sport, arts, and cultural sectors. This networking can open doors to future employment opportunities and partnerships.
- Sector-Specific Training: Learnerships offered by the department focus on the specific requirements and dynamics of the sport, arts, and cultural sectors. Participants receive training tailored to the unique challenges and opportunities in these industries, equipping them with industry-specific skills and knowledge.
- Contribution to Community: By working in the sport, arts, and cultural sectors, individuals have the opportunity to make a meaningful contribution to their communities. They can promote cultural diversity, preserve heritage, and create platforms for artistic expression, bringing positive change and enrichment to society.
- Career Advancement: Completing a learnership with the Department of Sport, Arts, and Culture can enhance individuals’ employability and open doors to exciting career prospects within the sector. Learnerships often provide a pathway to further career development and growth.
In conclusion, learnerships offered by the Department of Sport, Arts, and Culture in South Africa provide individuals with a platform to develop their skills, gain practical experience, and contribute to the vibrant sport, arts, and cultural sectors.
These learnerships offer a stepping stone to a fulfilling career within the industry while making a positive impact on communities and society as a whole.