A great opportunity has been offered by the City of Cape Town.
It is now accepting applications for its Infrastructure Skills Development Grant (ISDG) Graduate Trainee Internship opportunity funded by the National Treasury.
The main goal of this internship program is to educate and train successful candidates about the significance of corporate services and the function it has in our society.
If this is something that seems promising and you can see yourself benefitting from this, then we highly recommend you apply.
Below is a guide on exactly how the City of Cape Town Graduate Trainee/ Internship will work and what it will need from applicants.
Applications for this internship program will be closing on 8 April 2022.
Please ensure that your application along with any requested support documents is submitted before this date. Failure to do so will result in your application being dismissed.
This internship will be held in Cape Town, Western Cape.
What is The City of Cape Town?
The city of Cape Town is one of South Africa’s most famous cities.
With a rich history and strong tourist presence, Cape Town is known worldwide. Cape Town is South Africa’s second-largest economic center and is the capital of the Western Cape province.
The city takes pride in its upkeep and improvement. This is all thanks to the city’s provincial government which keeps everything running smoothly.
With such a large presence of international tourist destinations, ranging from Table Mountain, Robben Island, Cape Point, Cape Town Harbor, etc. it’s no wonder that Cape Town has to be at its best all the time.
What is This Internship About?
The City of Cape Town Graduate Trainee/ Internship will last for a total of 3 years and candidates will earn a salary of R199 329 per annum. The program will look for key performance areas from each candidate such as:
- Completing various routine tasks set out by the training schedule.
- Being fully engaged in ISDG tasks.
- Provide a detailed progress report on your training every month.
- Engaging in both research and operational tasks.
Please be aware that the City of Cape Town is an equal opportunities provider and does not discriminate against minorities.
Preference will be given to applicants from designated groups. Internal staff can apply online through the SAP portal.
If you haven’t heard back from the internship provider in at least 12 weeks, then consider your application unsuccessful.
Before applying, please be aware that all potential applicants must meet the following requirements if they wish to be selected by the internship provider:
- Applicants must be South African citizens.
- Applicants must be between the ages of 18 and 35 years.
- Applicants must have completed a qualification in one of the following fields of study: BSc Hons, MSc or Ph.D., in one of these fields: Applied Mathematics/ Stats Modelling, Aquatic Science, Atmospheric Science, Bioinformatics, Chemistry, Environmental Science with Geohydro Chemistry, Hydrobiology, Hydrology Geographic Information System (GIS), Marine Biology, Material Science, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Molecular Biology or Psychology
- Applicants must be graduates.
- Applicants must be unemployed.
How To Apply
Applications for this internship can be done on the city of Cape Town’s website here. You will first need to register and then apply.
Make sure to use the reference number “CS 93/22 Exter” to find the City of Cape Town Graduate Trainee/ Internship.
Don’t forget to attach the following support documents with your application:
- An updated CV.
- A certified copy of your ID.
- A certified copy of your most recent qualification.
If you have any questions or concerns related to this internship program, then you can contact the city of Cape Town through the following means:
- Contact Number: 086 010 3089
Office Hours are Monday to Friday, from 07h00 to 21h00, Saturdays from 08h00 to 14h00, Sundays and public holidays from 09h00 to 13h00.
Good luck with your application!