Exciting Internship Opportunity at the Aspen Institute
Are you looking for a dynamic internship experience?
The Aspen Institute offers a chance to be part of an extraordinary team.
Let’s explore this fantastic opportunity.
About the Aspen Institute
The Aspen Institute is a global nonprofit organization with a mission to create a free, just, and equitable society.
Founded in 1949, it’s dedicated to bringing about change through dialogue, leadership, and action to tackle critical community challenges worldwide.
Diversity and Inclusion
At the Aspen Institute, they are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. They actively work to promote these principles in various aspects, including recruitment, compensation, training, and staff advancement.
Their goal is to be a leader in creating a diverse and inclusive environment.
About the Program
This internship opportunity is with the Aspen Network of Development Entrepreneurs (ANDE), a part of the Aspen Institute.
ANDE is a global network of organizations that support entrepreneurship in emerging markets.
Their members provide crucial financial, educational, and business support services to small and growing businesses.
They believe that these businesses can create jobs, drive long-term economic growth, and have positive environmental and social impacts.
The Projects Intern Role
The Projects Intern role is diverse and requires a keen eye for detail, resourcefulness, and strong communication skills.
Interns will be expected to collaborate effectively, work with different cultures, and adapt to various tasks.
Key responsibilities include:
- Supporting local chapter team with research, project implementation, and administrative tasks.
- Handling event logistics, both virtual and in-person.
- Updating information in the local chapter database and supporting staff with administrative needs.
- Writing and proofreading blog posts, newsletters, and chapter updates.
- Assisting with social media posts on LinkedIn and Twitter.
- Conducting research on various topics related to entrepreneurship in emerging markets.
To be eligible for this internship, you should:
- Be an undergraduate, graduate student, or recent graduate interested in entrepreneurship in emerging markets.
- Possess excellent writing and communication skills.
- Be able to work with minimal supervision and remotely.
- Have strong attention to detail.
- Be proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite.
- This is a paid internship from November 2023 to April 2024, offering ZAR 9,000 per month for 40 hours of work per week (Monday to Friday).
- The position is open to local applicants in the region who have the necessary permissions to work in South Africa.
- The application deadline is Friday, November 24, 2023. You can apply online via the application portal.
If you’re ready to be part of a team that’s driving positive change in the world, don’t miss this exciting internship opportunity with the Aspen Institute.
Apply today and take the first step toward an enriching and impactful experience.