Ampath Laboratories is looking for a Learner Technician in Microbiology. The Ampath Laboratories position is not nation-wide, it is a role based in their East London Laboratory.
The learnership’s purpose is for the chosen Learner to work in the Microbiology Laboratory to perform bench work, as well as in the media department.
It is of utmost importance that the work is done according to set criteria and standards.
Deadline: 18 July 2021 at 07:00am
Location: East London
About Ampath Laboratories:
Ampath is a Southern African pathology laboratory. It has over 300 facilities nationwide which include reference laboratories, regional laboratories, satellite (STAT) laboratories and service depots.
They provide high-quality, innovative pathology services to healthcare practitioners and patients. They employ over 140 registered pathologists and serve approximately 40% of the private healthcare market in South Africa. Importantly, the Ampath facilities are ISO accredited by the South African National Accreditation System.
As a learner, you will become part of this family and have world-class experience within the Microbiology Laboratory.
About the Ampath Laboratories Learnership Programme:
It is a full-time position where you will work 40 hours in a 5-day week.
- Maintain good client relations to promote the image of Ampath
- Perform general tasks to assist with maintaining best practice within the laboratory
- Perform receiving and resulting tasks on the Meditech System to ensure correct handling, preparing, and recording of specimens and results
- Process specimens on benches to ensure sufficient delivery of results
- South African ID or a valid South African work permit.
- Grade 12 with English, Biology (Life Sciences) and Mathematics
- HPCSA Registration in Relevant Register and Practice Field
Required Experience and Knowledge:
- Knowledge of the HPCSA regulations
- Knowledge of the Meditech system
- Knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OSHA)
How to Apply?
Applications must be done online; no applications and CVS’s will be accepted via email or fax.
Please click on the following link: Ampath Laboratories Learner -Technician – Microbiology
There is a button to select which says “Apply”, please click on it and it will give you the following options:
- “Autofill with Resume” – here you can upload your cv and the system will use the information on your CV to create one on Ampath Laboratories side.
- “Apply Manually” – here you will manually fill in your details.
- “Use My Last Application” – if you have applied before, you can use that previous application.
Select the one that applies to you and continue to follow the instructions outlined on the website.
If your application is successful, Ampath Laboratories will contact you within 14 days.
If you do not hear back from Ampath within the 14 days, your application has been unsuccessful.
Phone Number: +27 43 703 4300
Address: 58 St James Road, Southernwood, East London, 5201