Launch Your Maritime Career: Seagoing Learnership Positions
Are you a young individual residing in the Richtersveld or Nama Khoi Municipalities in the Northern Cape or Mossel Bay in the Western Cape?
African Marine Solutions (AMSOL) has an exciting opportunity for you.
They are on the lookout for suitable candidates to join their Seagoing Learnership Positions, supporting local AMSOL operations.
This is your chance to kickstart a rewarding career in the maritime industry.
What’s in Store?
As a seagoing learner, you will undergo comprehensive training and gain hands-on experience in performing various tasks onboard vessels.
This training will take place both alongside the shore and at sea, giving you a well-rounded understanding of maritime operations.
By the end of the learnership, you will have completed all statutory training and the On Board Training Record Book.
This achievement will earn you an entry-level seagoing Certificate of Proficiency.
Safety is paramount in the maritime industry, and you will be expected to adhere to all safety requirements.
Your training will include learning how to operate in a safe and secure manner, ensuring the well-being of yourself and your fellow crew members.
Who Are We Looking For?
To be eligible for this exciting opportunity, you should meet the following criteria:
- Age: Between 18 and 25 years old.
- Residence: You must reside in the Richtersveld or Nama Khoi Municipal Areas in the Northern Cape or in the Mossel Bay Municipal Area in the Western Cape.
- Identification: You should possess a South African Identity document.
- Compliance: Candidates must comply with strict SHEQ (Safety, Health, Environment, and Quality) standards and adhere to AMSOL’s Drug & Alcohol policy.
- Team Player: You should be able to follow instructions and procedures and work effectively as part of a team.
- Work Ethic: A professional work ethic is a must.
To apply for this learnership opportunity, you need to submit the following documents by the specified deadline:
- Grade 12 Matric certificate or your highest educational qualification.
- Proof of residence in any of the above municipal areas (Utility Bill or Letter from Ward Committee or Councillor).
- A comprehensive CV.
- A motivation letter outlining why you are the ideal candidate and providing specific reasons for your interest in working in the Deck or Engine Department onboard a ship.
Join Us on This Exciting Journey
Embark on an adventure that could shape your future.
A career in the maritime industry offers unique experiences and opportunities. AMSOL is committed to diversity and inclusion, aligning with their Employment Equity Plan.
If you meet the requirements and are selected, you’ll have the chance to learn and grow in a dynamic environment.
Take this first step towards a promising maritime career with AMSOL.